Monday, January 11, 2016

CAMP MOMMY: Dollhouse Remodel (Phase 1)

After posting pics of the redesigned interiors I did for my daughter's Pottery Barn Dollhouse, my friend Melissa found a vintage dollhouse at an antique store in a small town. She picked it up for me. I have had it for about 4 years, and could not find the time to work on it. Now that my daughter (Luca) is 7, I thought it would be a fun Winter Break project. Luca and I couldn't agree on paint colors; she wanted teal and pink and I wanted gray and black, so we compromised...and I LOVE it!

Remodel included:
  • Added siding
  • Added roofing materials
  • Added slatted shutters
  • Added flower boxes (to shorten the windows to fit the prefab shutters)
  • Added a cupola with a rooster weather vane
  • Added porch rail siding
  • Repaired outside corner trim
  • Painted everything
Here are photos of the completed Exterior Remodel (Phase 1) .... I hope to get to the Interior Remodel (Phase 2) over Summer Break:
BEFORE and AFTER

The completed exterior remodel

Detail of cupola with rooster weather vane

Upper Level Detail

Porch Detail

Progress photos:
Luca painting the siding
Painting shingles and shutters
Arranging flowers with Fluffy

No comments:

Post a Comment