Sunday, May 14, 2017

Pig for Bluesy

I cannot believe I haven't posted in a year! Wow!

My design biz, DLZ | interiors, has been flourishing, which kept me beyond busy! On top of that, I am developing several children's shows with my production company, Hot Mamas Productions, and I was recently named COO for an incredible social enteprise based out of Uganda called Asante Mama (you can find us on Amazon!) All pretty amazing gigs!!!

My daughter, Luca (8), had bestie Bluesy (8) over for a sleepover last night, and when they woke up, they wanted to make a toy. We started with sock monkey kits from Restoration Hardware, and realized VERY quickly we didn't have the time nor the patience (nor the attention span) to make them (super complicated). Now we only had an hour to go before Bluesy's mom picks her up....so we had to come up with a plan ASAP. Bluesy LOVES pigs, so we decided to make a pig with scraps of felt I had laying around. Bluesy cut the fabric, sewed much of it, and stuffed it. She wanted something soft for the tail and legs, I only had this checkered ribbon that passed the "softness test". Then we (and I use the term "we" lightly), sewed on the tail, legs, nose and ears, then glued on hearts and googly eyeballs and drew on the nostrils. We finished in the nick of time. I tried to snap some pics before we had to run Bluesy to her mom.

Here is cutie pie Iris the Pig, made on the fly:



No comments:

Post a Comment