Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Crazy Mama's Frozen Birthday Party

My daughter requested the FROZEN theme this year....so we went for it! Such a beautiful day at the park! It was a lot of work and I'm still exhausted (3 days later! LOL!) But after seeing the photos...it was worth it! xo

I found this cake design online and sent it to one of my favorite cake artists, Winter Walker Cakes, and she rocked it! Great deal on candy jars from Oriental Trading


Detail of cake top: Disney Infinity Elsa
(Disney INFINITY Elsa on Amazon)


Detail of cake bottom: Disney Infinity Anna
(Disney INFINITY Anna on Amazon)
These are the most delicious and beautiful cake pops I'd ever seen! They are from Sparkling Sweets Boutique
(Sparkling Sweets Shop). I will post a photo from another blog where I found these.

Here is a photo of Sparkling Sweet Boutique's "Snowflake Cake Pops" found on 'Hostess with the Mostest' blog:
Hostess with the Mostest Blog: FROZEN -when I saw these, I knew we had to have them! They are delicious & beautiful.


We also ordered the stunning matching and tasty "Snowflake Pretzel Sticks" from Sparkling Sweets Boutique
(Sparkling Sweets Boutique- FROZEN). It was like beautiful, edible jewelry
Tea sandwiches (turkey for the kiddos, Salmon, cucumber and cream cheese for the grownups)
on a crystal server stand I found online at Bed, Bath & Beyond
Chicken salad with grapes, apples and celery on rye tea sandwiches,
along with cucumber and mint on white tea sandwiches.
Tiered crystal serving platter also from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Mini-desserts consisting of Jello's No-Bake Cheesecake (sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on bottom, use a sandwich bag to squeeze cheese cake filling into cup, neatly, then add more graham cracker crumbs and top with strawberries, blueberries and mint leaves), Flan, and Chocolate Mousse topped with strawberry and mint leaves.
Shooters, mini tasting spoons and mini tasting forks found online at Amazon. Serving platter from Sur la Table.
More of the easy-to-make desserts on a crystal serving dish

One of my BFF's (Rey Viquez) helped me make this Elsa Castle Photo Booth out of cardboard boxes.
We drew out the castle, including doors that open to a "balcony", we cut it out, painted everything white
then covered everything in blue sparkles, added mirrored paper icicles and "cracked ice" fractals. We had
an upper tower, but it was too top heavy, so we removed it as guests arrived. The balcony follows the
pattern of Elsa's ice formed balcony. The wood letters (from Michaels) are covered in a sparkly silver
adhesive paper (also from Michaels). The blue backdrop was key to the success of the photo booth. My
girls, Ana and Daniela of MommyTrain, leant me the blue velvet drapes with C-stands. With the wind,
we needed sandbags to hold everything in place (we forgot to bring them!)
The BEST EVER Elsa is Joanna Bert (pictured) from 'Smile and a Song Princess Parties' in the LA area.

7 comments:

  1. Photos courtesy of Liz Kenton (thanks Liz!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party, both of my girls would love a birthday party like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW sooo gorgeous...even I want to have a birthday party like that! Really love the cake <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I included information in the captions so you can try to do the same! It was fun. xo

      Delete
  4. From the looks of things, this is the first post you've made in over 6 months? I came here looking to see if your "No Rules" linkup was still active. From the looks of it, I'd guess not, but are you trying to break back in to blogging? I hope so! Come link up with us on Fridays (weekends) - that'll help you get going again! Come find me, would love to network with ya. <3 Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dalynn- you may be referring to the original "Crazy Mama"....she switched to a new blog name and allowed me to take over "Crazy Mama" about a year ago or so (it started with Breakfast Food Art). I am not much of a blogger, but everyone once in awhile, I post stuff. My bio is on the right side.

      Delete