Monday, June 2, 2014

Crazy Mama does it again! Luca turns 6!!!

I had to share a few photos from Luca's Mysterious 6th Birthday!!! We have nearly 900 pics, so I narrowed it down just to set the tone. It was SO. MUCH. FUN!

Although I made everything (except the amazing cake by Rafi's Pastries and Cakes), I was inspired by Scooby Doo Themed Parties on "Pinterest" and "Catch My Party"…hoping to put together the ultimate Scooby Doo birthday party (I think we did OK!) And the kids had a blast, with a series of clues to solve the "Mystery of the Missing Goody Bags". Luckily…those "meddling kids" were clever enough to solve all the clues and find the goody bags in the nick of time!!!

I will post photos now, and at some point, I will add captions crediting those who inspired me. For now…enjoy the eye candy!  :)

Thanks to everyone who shared in our special day for Luca!!!
Cake by Rafi of Rafi's Pastry and Cakes
1250 W Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale, CA 91201  |  818.502.0960

Cake by Rafi of Rafi's Pastry and Cakes
1250 W Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale, CA 91201  |  818.502.0960


Cake by Rafi of Rafi's Pastry and Cakes
1250 W Glenoaks Blvd., Glendale, CA 91201  |  818.502.0960

Although I made these Scooby Pops (2 layers of brown tissue paper over BlowPop lollipops, small googly eyes, little ball noses and blue and yellow twist ties), I took inspiration from the awesome Scooby Pops made by The Whimsical Boutique: https://www.facebook.com/TheWhimsicalBoutique. The box with foam was from a display at JoAnn Fabrics (it was empty so I asked if I could have it). I placed a flower over the price and added the Scooby Pops label. I added World Market Crinkle in Bright: http://www.worldmarket.com/product/brights-crinkle.do?page=2&from=fn


Purple Vases, Dog Bowls (round and dog bone shaped) from the 99 Only Stores. I took the idea of the vases and flowers from a party found online: http://catchmyparty.com/photos/1354662

Dog Bone Dog Bowl from 99 Only Store, Monster Droppings were "custom colored" M&Ms from Party City

Cake Tray from Cost Plus ($15), Dog Bowl from 99 Only Store, Organic "Poop" from Sprouts

Dog Bowl and Scoop from 99 Only Store, Ghost Poop (Yogurt Covered Raisins) from Sprouts

Dog Bone Dog Bowl and Table Cloth from 99 Only Store, Retro Flowers in color way South Beach by FunkyChickenScoop:
https://www.etsy.com/il-en/listing/68431931/die-cut-paper-flowers-retro-flower-in?ref=shop_home_active_15


Mystery of the Missing Goodie Bags: after solving 7 mysteries, the good bags were found in this tent….
covered is spider webs and toilet paper with a bloody "KEEP OUT!" sign.


I made the Mystery Machine out of (2) 36" x 48" foam core boards, painted freehand,
found the large flower at JoAnn Fabrics in the "Summer Camp" section and thought it was perfect!

I made the photo booth props out of felt sprayed to thin cardboard with wooden dowels taped to the back (with packing tape).
I took inspiration from KittyDuneCuts on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/il-en/listing/96092375/photobooth-prop-scooby-doo-and-friends?ref=sr_gallery_35&ga_search_query=scooby+doo&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_ship_to=IL&ga_ref=auto2&ga_explicit_scope=1&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

I had 2 kid size chairs from my daughter's art room that I used for the car seats



I hired our favorite princess (Abby) from A Day At The Ball (http://adayattheball.com) and asked if she would be Velma. She agreed.
So I searched for days until I found the right items at the right price on ebay (wig, glasses, turtleneck, skirt, socks and shoes)






Luca dress is from Zara…very retro style: http://www.zara.com/us/en/kids/girl-%283-14-years%29/dresses/frilled-dress-c358082p1927022.html


No comments:

Post a Comment